A small 'site news' script is another one of those things you often find 'built in' with a large, multi-function script.
But sometimes you don't need or want a complex integrated script, all you want is a simple little piece of php code you can add to some pages of your site where the value of the parameters defines whether you show all categories of news, or a specific sub-set; include news 'header' or not; and display posting date or not.
An example snippet is as follows:
$parms = "0:1:1";// parameters
A single configuration file allows you to adjust colours/fonts and various parameters used by the script with no need to edit script files.
- Generated code is XHTML 1.0 compliant
- Allows multiple categories of news items
- Shows all news or selected sub-set of news
- Allows HTML code in news descriptions
- Allows your definition of posting date format
- Can be placed anywhere on your pages
- Requires only a two-line php include on your page(s)
- Download package includes mininews editor [password protected]
- Works with register_globals off